Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting

Personally, I don't like waiting. I like things to happen soon, the sooner the better. The apostle James says that "Trial of your faith worketh patience." I had always considered trial to mean something big, hard, and out of the ordinary. Something along the lines of illness, death of a loved one, persecution... It was suggested to me that my trial is whatever is trying to me. Which, if I were to choose an overarching enemy of mine, it would be waiting. So if trials brings patience, which is in this case a cure for my bane, it makes it much easier to thank God for the gift of trials. To thank God for the wait!
Also, when we are waiting for something to come to pass, we are waiting on God's timing. He is in absolute control of our world, and that includes the timing of things. So, "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD". Psalm 27:14

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

So hang in there, my friend. God's ways are not our ways, and His timing is not ours, but it is good. It is better than what we would claim for ourselves, given the chance. His plan, method, and timing is what is best for us. The wait is a gift, whatever, the end result may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment