Sunday, November 30, 2008

Music Mania

When I made this blog I had decided to not post about the day by day happenings in my life; but to fill it instead with insightful articles and quotes. Well, I am ready to break my rule. :) I have spent most of this month wrapt in the downy robe of music, and hence, enveloped in bliss; from spending hours at a time on the piano, to playing handbells, to teaching my li'l sister to play the Irish wistle. (Even after midnight I am practicing "bells", namely ice cream scoops. :p. They actually have pretty close to the right weight for the higher bells that I play.) I was able to attend a handbell concert last week, which was fantastic!!! They had variety in their repetoire, and a spark of humor in their performance.
My brother and I share this passion for music (especially bells) and I am so thankful. To have so many of our hobbies, tasts and interests coinside is a great blessing and encouragement to continue on in growing in experience.

Well I must sign out, with apologies for so un-inspirational a post. Hope you all had a wonderful and joyful Thanksgiving! (Ahem: you both. :) )

15 comments:

  1. Well, Ciera... That was a great post.. ;) I have also been doing "music," just with the violin... And then already Christmas Music on my iPod... :P

    The "household" posts are fine... They are interesting none the less!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said every post had to be inspirational?
    I like this kind a little better.
    I've been doing Violin as well.
    I love music a ton.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your two faithful readers.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I read, too! I'm just...busy? No just kidding. Love you, Ciera.

    rachel :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Rachel!

    I also agree with Peter (what happened to Tito??) about violin and music. Say, Ciera--do you still play Piano?

    Much Joy,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided to become less anonymous where I can, but if it will make you feel better...

    Tito

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks for all the comments!
    Good to hear from you Rachel.
    I do still play the piano whenever I can, though I have not taken lessons for several years, so I am just a bit rusty. :}
    I've been a bit busy last few days at Jen's CPR,AED,first aid class, so maybe I will post on that soon.
    That's why I have not responded to Ya'll. (that is also why I am on while waiting for my bread to toast at 1:30 AM)
    Take care and God bless!!!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is the most traffic this blog has ever had(at least in my memory:) ) Congrats Ceira!

    Tito

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Congrats... We'll try to bring more. :) You have a neat blog...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ceira.. Do post on the CPR class. That would be fun. =D Aferall, we all know you and Jenny!

    Much Joy..

    Jess

    p.s. - Hope to see you tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We took Jenny's class on CPR and First Aid. It was very educational.
    Yes Ceira, do post on the classes.

    In Christ,
    Tito

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such interesting comments.. :P

    Neat blog Ciera! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you're getting more and more popular Ceira, I love reading your posts, so please post on the CPR classes ASAP!
    In Christ,
    Tito

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are getting more and more popular Ciera.. Post soon.. We all miss your posts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, post more! (particularly on the CPR classes!)

    ReplyDelete