Thursday, March 3, 2011

I want it...

But is it worth it? I want to be more careful about where I use my money. I like to spend it on fun things (especially if they are low cost) but I've been thinking a lot about how much excess I have. I have more clothes than I can fit in my room, and some families don't have enough to clothe their children. I can snack whenever I want, hungry or not, and some brothers and sisters don't know if they will be able to feed their families. I have entertainment at my fingertips, and some are fleeing for their very lives. I have more books than I will be able to read in several years, and some Christians have never even seen a Bible, much less owned one.

Maybe if we, who live in abundance, were to put aside the money we wanted to spend on ourselves, we could use it to relieve MUCH of the suffering of our fellow saints. Who knows? If all Christian kids didn't buy ice cream for a year, would we have saved enough money to provide a country with Bibles? If we girls just used the clothes we have until they REALLY need replaced, could we clothe the naked children?

If we Seek First God's kingdom, How much could His kingdom grow on this earth??

P.S.
I looked up how much money America spent on ice cream per year... roughly $2,400,000,000

No comments:

Post a Comment